Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dem Rebel Gets Married

Twenty years ago today I had the honor and privilege of marrying my best friend.  Some of the owners from the CFCL were there to “support” me in my efforts.  Pictured left to right are:  Kelly Barone (Six Packs), Rich Bentel (Dem Rebels), David Mahlan (David Copperfields), Dave Holian (David’s Ruffins).  Not pictured but attending, Eric Lamb (Lambchops).  If I remember correctly, Eric and his wife had to leave before the picture was taken.



Also not pictured is Bob Monroe of the Bald Eagles.  Actually Bob retired from the CFCL two years earlier.  Bob had been promoted in his company to a position in Denver, Colorado and when he was invited to the wedding and bachelor party he said “I can come to one of the two, but not both.  Which one do you want me to attend?”  I said the bachelor party so we could just hang out.  My Best Man (David – third from the left) put on a helluva night arranging for pizza at the local restaurant and Strat-o-Matic games back as his apartment (by my request).

Attending the wedding was my cousin and current owner of the DoorMatts, Matt Bentel.  Matt didn’t join the CFCL until the following year, apparently understanding that his lame excuse of “Dude, I can’t join the league.  I’m married with responsibilities” no longer carried any weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment